A house fire on Sunday afternoon in Crozet has displaced two residents.
Discarded smoking materials have been blamed for the incident.
Albemarle County Fire Rescue said it responded to reports of a fire on Thurston Drive shortly after 3 p.m. on Sunday.
"Fire Rescue responded to a small fire in the bedroom of a house on Thurston," county spokeswoman Serena Gruia told The Daily Progress Monday. "They were able to put it out, but the two residents were displaced."
Those residents are being assisted by family, Gruia said.
The Albemarle County fire marshal had closed its investigation into the matter by Monday afternoon.