Nelson County authorities say they have identified the man behind a string of early November larcenies in Faber which included the theft of multiple firearms.
Thomas Matthew Benz, 41, has been charged with the crimes, the Nelson County Sheriff’s Office reported.
The sheriff’s office said Benz was responsible for multiple larcenies reported on Crystal Lane in Faber.
Benz was booked at the Albemarle-Charlottesville Regional Jail on Nov. 14 but has since been released from custody on bond, according to jailhouse records.
The sheriff’s office said all stolen property, including the firearms, was located and seized. It did not say if the property had been returned to its original owners yet.
The investigation remains ongoing.
Source: www.dailyprogress.com
