Innkeepers: Kathy and Jim East. Sharp Rock Farm is situated on 23 acres in an unspoiled valley at the foot of the Blue Ridge Mountains with the Hughes River meandering through the property. It embodies the peace and pleasures of country life at its best with trout fishing, swimming hole and six acre vineyard. Hike nearby Old Rag mountain and White Oak Canyon. The buildings on the farm date mostly from 1792 to 1864. There are spectacular mountain, stream, field and vineyard views at every turn and only one house is seen from the property. We offer a two bedroom cottage and a carriage house with privacy plus continental breakfasts. Because Sharp Rock Farm is also a working vineyard with a wine tasting room, guests who wish to learn about grape growing and the award-winning wines can talk to the winemaker. Check the website for info.
- Family Friendly
- Continental Breakfast
A Bed & Breakfast Experience
The Sharp Rock Way at Old Rag Mountain
ENJOY A $50 CREDIT TOWARDS A 2 NIGHT STAY IN MARCH
- Your own private cottage — perfect for couples and families
- Complimentary wine tasting and bottle of your choice
- Cottages stocked with complimentary coffees, teas, juices & snacks
- Enjoy fresh fruit & baked goods in the privacy of your cottage each morning
- Mountain views with riverside location
Sharp Rock in an unspoiled, rolling valley at the foot of the Blue Ridge Mountains. The Hughes River gently meanders through Sharp Rock’s twenty-five acres which embody the peace and pleasures of country life at its best. Sharp Rock Farm is not only a bed and breakfast, but a working vineyard and winery. Guests are invited to tour the vineyard and taste the award-winning wines in our tasting room.
Wake to golden sun rays peeking over the mountains and lull yourself into a complacent, slower rhythm of life. Unwind and relax with a glass of wine on your private cottage deck. Stroll through the vineyard or simply cozy up in your cottage with a good book or conversation.
- Hike the nearby and legendary Old Rag Mountain only 2 minutes up the road
- First-time hikers can travel nearby to White Oak Canyon Falls for an easy sojourn.
- Little Devil Stairs attracts more experienced climbers.
- Take a short drive to the famed Luray Caverns.
- Nearby you can go horseback riding, antiquing, gallery-hunting or wine tasting.
- Try your luck at fishing for fresh mountain trout footsteps from your cottage.
- Enjoy a refreshing dip in the clear mountain-fed water of the Sharp Rock swimming hole.
The Carriage House
$200 per night: Sunday – Thursday / $220: Friday & Saturday
The first thing you appreciate about the Carriage House is its total privacy.
- The view is spectacular — a clear portrait of Old Rag Mountain with the Hughes River flowing below.
- The light and cheery bedroom/sitting room opens to a deck shaded by an ancient cherry tree.
- Authentic touches, such as 150-year-old pine flooring, are complimented by modern conveniences.
- Cottage has A/C
- Queen bed
- Mini refrigerator, coffee maker and microwave
$225: Sunday – Thursday for one or two people; $240: Friday & Saturday /$25.00 per extra person
The Cottage Bed & Brerakfast
The Cottage could be called “The Sunset House”. From its park-like setting you can witness sunsets that you will never forget. The oldest structure on the farm (circa 1790), the cottage is a charming reconstruction of a cozy two-story country home, with original wood flooring.
- The air-conditioned Cottage is ideal for two to four people.
- It has a living room with fireplace
- Fully-equipped kitchen
- Two bedrooms
- One with bath
- A wide deck, complete with grill and furniture and with lovely mountain and vineyard views.