Press "Enter" to skip to content

Charlottesville man injured in cooking fire

A Charlottesville man was injured early Friday in a cooking fire.

The city fire department responded to a fire in the 700 block of Prospect Avenue at 1 a.m., according to a press release.

The fire was extinguished when crews arrived. The male resident, who was using the stove when the fire started, was transported to the University of Virginia Medical Center for injuries he suffered in the fire.

The damage was limited to the cooking container and fire crews ventilated the apartment.

The Charlottesville Fire Department reminds residents to stay in the kitchen while frying, boiling, grilling or broiling. Residents also are reminded to smother flames in a grease fire rather than applying water.

Source: www.dailyprogress.com

Be First to Comment

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    %d bloggers like this: